- You Are The Best Thing
- From a Boxing point-of- view, MMA is a farce
- SQP Art Books – Celebrating Imaginative Illustration Since 1973
- Glossary of Common Military Terms
- US Army “Visual Signals” manual
- The Cassiopaean Experiment [“The Cassiopaean Transcripts from 1994 to 2002”]
- Skyline [The Cassiopaean Transcripts from 1994 to 2002]
Candy For Your Mind
- Sorry, AOC and Bernie Sanders: Scandinavia Is No Socialist Paradise
- Starships size comparisons
- Bolshoi Babylon
- The Last of Us, Red circles or rings around eyes and irises, and bloodshot eyes [Kahlan’s Con Dar]
- The Laurent Mignard Duke Ellington Orchestra
- What time is it? It’s time for Cal Tjader.
- Wunderland (Mostly Lost Highway & Twin Peaks)
- Grant, Babcock, and the Whiskey Ring
A Glass Half Empty
All Grown UP, And Busting Loose
Monthly Archives: August 2018
Old film of New York City in the year 1911. Print has survived in mint condition. Slowed down footage to a natural rate and added in sound for ambiance. This film was taken by the Swedish company Svenska Biografteatern on a trip to America… read the full article
Someone is selling an extremely rare prerelease iPhone prototype from 2006 on eBay, and the bids have already crossed $13,000 (AAPL)
by Kif Leswing, Business Insider
- An iPhone prototype from 2006 is up for auction on eBay.
- Over 70 bids have been made for it, bringing the price up to $13,200 on Wednesday.
- The device was last sold in a private transaction in 2015 for $8,000, a person familiar with the device told Business Insider.
Jimmy Page (Led Zep), Jack White (White Stripes), Edge (U2). From “It Might Get Loud.”… read the full article
Watch the entire interview here: http://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/201… At a What It Means to Be American event at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History, legendary rocker Eddie Van Halen, in an interview with music journalist Denise Quan, explains how he came up with his unique, two-handed style of playing the guitar frets–then performs some of his signature licks.… read the full article
G.E. Smith (be)holds – and plays some prime Michael Bloomfield licks on – the ’63 Fender Telecaster used by Bloomfield in the ’60s, including when he appeared with Bob Dylan at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival. Bloomfield used the guitar to record the self-titled first album by The Paul Butterfield Band and Dylan’s “Highway 61 Revisited.” For Smith’s turn, the guitar is plugged into an early-’65 Fender Concert and a Fender reverb unit.… read the full article
DID YOU KNOW Japan has bullet trains that can travel 320 km/hour? Or superior toilet seats that can heat up your butt, clean it spotless, and check your blood pressure? Or interactive robots that can serve you lunch, analyze your facial expressions and be your customer service agent in phone stores?… read the full article
A few weeks ago, we released a quick teaser video of Eric Clapton seeing the new “Brownie” Tribute Stratocaster for the first time. Now, we bring you a full video package, as Clapton goes into more details about what initially led him to the Stratocaster.… read the full article