Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho, The Shower, Janet Leigh, et al
Our final issue of Season 6 is one of our best yet:
- Gary Giblin offers an extensive, in-depth tribute to Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. He shares little-known facts about the movie and also examines its legacy, including the sequels.
- Matthew Field offers part one of his recent interview with director Lewis Gilbert, who discusses his war movies such as Sink the Bismarck! and The 7th Dawn.
- Dean Brierly’s ass-kicking interview with ass-kicking Blaxploitation legend Fred (“The Hammer”) Williamson
- Coverage of Cinema Retro’s Movie Magic Tour of England: Richard Johnson joins us at the mansion seen in The Haunting and we catch up with Sir Roger Moore, Britt Ekland, Maud Adams, Richard Kiel and George Lazenby at a major London James Bond event.
- Howard Hughes’ special tribute to the life and career of Lee Van Cleef
- Gareth Owen’s unpublished interview with screen legend Sir John Mills
- Ian Brown interviews Roger Corman and analyzes his film adaptations of the stories of Edgar Allan Poe that starred Vincent Price
- Tom Lisanti celebrates the cult B movie Once You Kiss and Stranger and star Carol Lynley shares her memories of the film.
- Lee Pfeiffer looks back at the British film noir crime movie Never Let Go starring Peter Sellers in a rare dramatic role.
- Dave Worrall tracks down the film locations from the British serials based on the Famous Five stories
- Raymond Benson reveals his choices for the best films of 1977
- Rare unpublished photos from the Suzy Kendall/Dudley Moore groovy comedy hit “30 is a dangerous age, Cynthia…”
- Cinema Retro covers major James Bond events: Guy Hamilton attends Goldfinger screening in London and the Aston Martin DB5 returns to Stoke Park, the golf course from that 007 classic!
- plus the usual extensive reviews of soundtracks, DVDs and movie books.
THIS IS NOT A FAN MAGAZINE. EVERY ISSUE CONTAINS:
- 64 FULL COLOR PAGES
- RARE STILLS AND MOVIE POSTER ART
- EXCLUSIVE FILMMAKER INTERVIEWS
- CELEBRITY COLUMNISTS
- DVD & CD SOUNDTRACK REVIEWS
- STAFF REPORTS ON FILM EVENTS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE
- EVERY ISSUE IS A LIMITED EDITION (ONLY 5,000 COPIES PRINTED)- THESE ARE SURE TO BE VALUABLE COLLECTORS ITEMS.
BUYER PAYS $3 POSTAGE TO USA AND CANADA; $7 AIR MAIL ANYWHERE ELSE.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE CINEMA RETRO EBAY STORE. GET ALL YOUR BACK ISSUES HERE!
ISSUE # 13
- 8 page celebration of the 40th anniversary of Chitty Chitty Band Bang
- Exclusive interviews with Ernest Borgnine and Karen Black
- The story behind the restoration of the Lee Van Cleef spaghetti western The Big Gundown and interview with director Sergio Sollima
- A tribute to the films of Bruce Lee*
- The espionage films of Alistair MacLean- Part 1 (The Secret Ways, The Satan Bug)
- Sir Roger Moore receives the Cinema Retro award at the Spy Who Loved Me reunion at Pinewood Studios
- Cinema Retro’s London premiere party for Quantum Of Solace
- Christopher Lee and director Don Sharp recall the Hammer production of Devil Ship Pirates
- The Films From U.N.C.L.E. series continues with coverage of The Spy in the Green Hat
FREE FIRST CLASS MAIL SHIPPING WITHIN THE US
Save on shipping when you buy more than one item from us.